[Patch] Fix libstdc++/11378 (3rd take)

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@unitus.it
Mon Jul 14 11:20:00 GMT 2003

Nathan Myers wrote:

>I don't see the above
>as a reason to delay applying the patch.  Since the problem is in
>the existing code, and doesn't affect 11378, there's no reason not
>to apply it and close 11378.  (I suppose I should file a bug report
>detailing this problem.)

Thanks for bringing up the issue! I don't think it's necessary to file a
bug report: I'm already working on the problem, which seems quite clear.
Indeed, providing a wrapper for write seems quite simple, that for
writev is a little more complex, but I have found around some code to
study and adapt to our needs (just google for xwritev ;).

Thanks again,