Getting Apple's libstdc++ debug mode into the FSF tree

Doug Gregor dgregor@apple.com
Fri Jul 11 21:52:00 GMT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 2:12PM, Phil Edwards wrote:

> Reviewing the patch itself:

Thanks, I've fixed those problems locally.
>> + <p>Additionally, you must rebuild your application and any C++
>> +   libraries its depends on to enable the debug mode. Compile your
>> C++
>> +   code with the compiler flag <code>-D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG</code> and add
> [...]
>> +   the pedantic debug mode, compile your program
>> +   with <code>-D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG_PEDANTIC</code> in addition
>
> Could I ask you to add these macros to the list in
> docs/html/17_intro/howto.html#6 ?

Done. I've attached an updated doc patch, but it looks as if we're
going to take a shot at the full patch before looking at small patches,
so I have no intention of checking this in at the moment.

BTW, it looks like the docs directory needs some _GLIBCPP -> _GLIBCXX
replacing when someone is feeling bored.

	Doug