[libstdc++] Port-specific symbol exports, porting notes

Eric Christopher echristo@redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 20:47:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 13:35, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> >Actually, I might try and use it for the instantiations that seem to be
> >needed on mips-elf, since it looks like no other platform needs those.
>
> I think these are a port-specific mistake.

It's an old feature that we needed with .extern for symbols in the file.
With explicit relocs this isn't necessary anymore, but those definitely
aren't the default and we can't turn off the .extern yet.

See previous threads on requiring modern binutils :)

-eric

--
Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com>