[Patch] Fix libstdc++/11378 (take2) + xsputn optmizations

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@unitus.it
Tue Jul 8 19:30:00 GMT 2003

Andreas Jaeger wrote:

>>However, Andreas, please correct me as soon as possible if I'm wrong,
>>mixing fseek and read and write (vs fread, fwrite) is not possible. We
>>

>You can only do this if you take care to sync streams and file
>descriptors with e.g. fclean on GNU systems.

Interesting... I didn't know about this... But the issue seems a little
tricky. Currently we are calling fflush instead of fclean, which seems
more general, in seekoff. Last time I tried (in the old non unified
scheme, however) definitely mixing read, write and fseek didn't work...

>>want non blocking read and write as our low level I/O primitives. Do
>>you expect troubles with lseek64?
>>

>You can use lseek64 and off64_t, there should be no problem (if lseek
>is part of the C library).

Good! Indeed, the type which goes with lseek64 is off64_t, according to
the official docs too.