libio outdated [branch 3.2]
Peter Soetens
peter.soetens@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Jan 23 14:16:00 GMT 2003
Hi,
Did anyone test lately the option --enable-cstdio=libio ?
It gives me the following compile error :
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `c_codecvt.c', needed by `c_codecvt.lo'.
Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/gcc-cvs/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/libio'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
editing the Makefile.am and running autoconf solves the problem, but later on
the compilation stops at
/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc
-B/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/gcc/ -nostdinc++
-L/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src
-L/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
-B/tmp/gcc-lk/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/tmp/gcc-lk/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/
-isystem /tmp/gcc-lk/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -nostdinc++
-I/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-linux-gnu
-I/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include
-I../../../../gcc-3.2.1/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ -I../libio
-I../../../../gcc-3.2.1/libstdc++-v3/libio
-I../../../../gcc-3.2.1/libstdc++-v3/libmath -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE
-fno-implicit-templates -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings -Winline
-fdiagnostics-show-location=once -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -c
../../../../gcc-3.2.1/libstdc++-v3/src/ext-inst.cc -o ext-inst.o
In file included from ../../../../gcc-3.2.1/libstdc++-v3/src/ext-inst.cc:35:
/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/stdio_filebuf.h:90:
parse
error before `*' token
/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/stdio_filebuf.h:144:
parse
error before `*' token
/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/stdio_filebuf.h:144:
confused by earlier errors, bailing out
make[3]: *** [ext-inst.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/home/psoetens/src/lkstl/gcc-exp/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src'
the error in question is caused by the unknown type std::__c_file which was
not yet renamed from __c_file_type in the file "config/io/c_io_stdio.h" and
others in that dir.
Is anyone following up libio or is it abandonned ?
Are you willing to accept a patch or has someone fixed this already somewhere?
Peter
PS : please CC me.
--
Peter Soetens,
The Orocos Project http://www.orocos.org
KU Leuven, Belgium
---
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list