type traits, reflection, and whatnot
Phil Edwards
phil@jaj.com
Sun Jan 12 10:58:00 GMT 2003
Just an update for the curious: it's going surprisingly well. Most of
the traits such as is_fundamental, is_scalar, is_volatile, and their
ilk are working. I've just started getting an ICE on is_POD but haven't
investigated that yet.
The traits are table-based, and their individual implementations are very
very brief. One-liners, most of them.
Can't instantiate any of the traits on a function, apparently. That's low
on my list of priorities.
Sometimes I see errors along the lines of "expected a type, got [the name of
a type]," but finding out why that happens is taking longer than I thought.
Testcases are mostly complete. User documentation is complete, barring
changes to the user-visiable names:
http://www.devphil.com/~pme/reflection.html
Once the parser settles down and Gaby creates a new branch, reflection.html
would be checked in somewhere more official than my desktop box.
Phil
--
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list