Irix6 long doubles implemented wrong? (27_io/ostream_inserter_arith)

Richard Henderson rth@redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 01:14:00 GMT 2003


On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:53:55PM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> I've just gone through the C++ Standard's numeric_limits definitions
> and the C99's float.h specification, and I couldn't find any reason
> to not use the definitions the way I've introduced them. 

Irritatingly, I think my copy of LIA-1 is at home on a machine
that's powered off.  But C++ references it, so I think you have
to look there and not in the C++ standard directly.

What I remember is that min denormal must be 2**-p below the
min normalized number.  Which isn't satisfied in this case.

> The fact
> that they get the libstdc++-v3 testsuite to pass in cases it didn't
> before seems to be a good indication that it is good enough.

Feh.  I wrote those test cases.  Don't take them as definitive.


r~



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list