comparison of 2.95.2 and 3.2 optimizers on SPARC
Loren James Rittle
rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Thu Jan 2 19:40:00 GMT 2003
In article <3E147E56.90905@roguewave.com>,
Martin Sebor<sebor@roguewave.com> writes:
>> Martin, could you confirm that you indeed tested the libstdc++-v3
>> library as was built during a normal gcc bootstrap process?
> Yes, I used a stock installation of gcc 3.2 and libstdc++. I can
> also confirm a similar result on Linux. The numbers you are seeing
> are so close because they are both for stdio (because of the silly
> way my simplified test case deals with command line arguments --
> sorry about that).
Martin,
Oops and, likewise, sorry I didn't see that issue. I can now confirm
your report. Thank you (again) for taking the time to report it and
the follow up.
On FreeBSD/i386 with 2.95.X:
S rittle@latour; time a.out 1000000 stdio >/dev/null
2r 1.6u 0.0s a.out 1000000 stdio
S rittle@latour; time a.out 1000000 iostream >/dev/null
1r 0.9u 0.0s a.out 1000000 iostream
On FreeBSD/i386 with mainline:
S rittle@latour; time a.out 1000000 stdio >/dev/null
1r 1.6u 0.0s a.out 1000000 stdio
S rittle@latour; time a.out 1000000 iostream >/dev/null
14r 14.4u 0.0s a.out 1000000 iostream
I have done no analysis yet.
Regards,
Loren
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list