[Patch] Performance and memory usage improvements for stl_tree.h

Gawain Bolton gp.bolton@computer.org
Sat Feb 22 14:24:00 GMT 2003

This is an updated patch to improve stl_tree.h.  It affects the
std::map, std::multimap, std::set and std::multiset container types.
 This patch has been updated to show the differences with respect to
what ( I hope) is the latest version in CVS.  I'm hoping that this will
help these changes get in.

This patch improves performance when creating and destorying containers,
as well as reducing the amount of memory required since the header no
longer allocates storage for the container's type.

This has been tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu using GCC 3.2.2.

Cheers

Gawain