[libstdc++] PATCH: STL allocator cleanup, part 1

Matt Austern austern@apple.com
Thu Dec 18 01:12:00 GMT 2003


On Dec 17, 2003, at 12:00 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> Matt Austern <austern@apple.com> writes:
>
> | I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was working on cleaning up the use
> | of allocators in the STL part of libstdc++.  This is a patch for the
> | first part of that work, to give people a better idea of where I'm
> | planning to go.  This part is complete in itself, and I've tested it
> | on Linux (I've verified that it doesn't break the libstdc++ or 
> libjava
> | build on Linux and that it doesn't introduce libstdc++ regressions),
> | so first of all: OK to commit to mainline?
>
> [...]
>
> | type.)  This does mean that some users will have to fix their code,
> | but that doesn't bother me very much.  Explicit use of allocators is
> | not for the naive user.  Anyone sophisticated enough to want to use
> | allocators at all is sophisticated enough to use them correctly.
>
> Any steps to simply the codes there is OK with me.  I guess this is an
> ABI that should be documented?

I'm probably missing something.  What kind of documentation do you
have in mind?

			--Matt



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list