EEEEKS! The mangling changed!

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Tue Dec 2 20:59:00 GMT 2003

> Actually....  at one point I'd suggested making __gnu_norm and
> __gnu_debug nested namespaces within std. I thought it might make the
> result a little more palatable to people like Carlo.

Fully agreed.  __gnu_norm::vector<> is not a __gnu_debug::vector<>
even if both can be mapped to std::vector<> with 'using' statements.
We should not make changes to aid debugging tools, if they make actual
debugging harder.  I could support a scheme where std::__x::y implied
std::y for external tools that want to optionally hide such details.

Loren