EEEEKS! The mangling changed!

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 16:14:00 GMT 2003

No, the sky is not falling. Yes, these really are different types.
That's the whole point.

>The GDB issue was not explicitly taken into account during the
>elaboration of "namespace association" though.

Actually....  at one point I'd suggested making __gnu_norm and
__gnu_debug nested namespaces within std. I thought it might make the
result a little more palatable to people like Carlo. ANYTHING TO AVOID
UPPERCASE EMAILS.

However, I don't think this would really make that much of a difference.
I think a preemptive FAQ entry about this, pointing to the debug mode
docs, is a good idea.

-benjamin