EEEEKS! The mangling changed!

Douglas Paul Gregor gregod@cs.rpi.edu
Mon Dec 1 16:15:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Carlo Wood wrote:
> Now what about a __attribute__((alias, "St")) for
> namespace __gnu_norm, so that the mangling stays the same too?
> I really don't see a reason not change the mangling in this specific
> case of __gnu_norm to make it appear to be the std it is supposed
> to be.

I think Carlo has a good point here; it's really going to confuse users
and debuggers if std::vector doesn't ever exist. How long until we get a
gdb smart enough to show "std::vector" to users instead of
"__gnu_norm::vector"?

	Doug

P.S. I can't help but chuckle because __attribute__((alias, "St")) looks a
whole lot like link_name :)