Linking to doxygen docs
Pedro Lamarao
thoth@superig.com.br
Mon Aug 4 18:13:00 GMT 2003
Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 03:41:44PM -0300, Pedro Lamarao wrote:
>
>>You mean, regenerate the documentation?
>>Generating a tag file doesn't affect at all the generated documentation.
>>It just creates a XML compilation of symbols, sort of, so that
>>doxygen can read it as if to import it in another project's
>>documentation.
>
>
> The documentation in the doxygem manual is terrible on this point.
> Thanks for giving us an example.
>
> Yes, we can generate and distribute a tag file of some kind.
> The "recommended" method in the doxygen manual hardcodes all kinds of
> incorrect information in the tag file, so I'm trying another method.
> But I don't have any other project here that references libstdc++, so I
> can't test it easily. Would you be willing to test this tag file:
>
> http://www.jaj.com/space/phil/libstdc++.tag
>
> with your code? If I understand the setup correctly, it should look like
>
> TAGFILES = ....../libstdc++.tag=\
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/latest-doxygen/
>
> (possibly without the final '/').
>
> If that works, we'll start doing it for 3.3.2 and later.
>
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Phil
>
Phil, I'm subscribed to the list.
Answered you in private before checking here.
For posterity...
Look for it in:
http://socketstream.sourceforge.net/libstdc++-tag/
This tag seems fine.
The exception class appears correctly in the class hierarchy.
Try putting in the stream classes, as my project derives from them also.
Feel free to ask when/if you need me to regenerate it again.
--
Pedro
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list