testsuite failures on solaris

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Tue Apr 22 22:08:00 GMT 2003

>> Loren can you formally post this on gcc-patches?

> Yes, please do.

OK, so posted in correct format.

>> OK, likely (based on seen failure mode and above data point), someone
>> that really cares will have to update dbxout.c for PCH... ;-)

> dbxout.c does work; the reason for all the dwarf2 problems is that I'm
> on a platform that uses stabs not DWARF and so I don't see any of them.

BTW, Geoff, sorry if I misidentify his problem.  He reported undefined
labels on sparc-sun-solaris2.9 once PCH was enabled in libstdc++-v3.
Looked like the same issue I'd seen on our dwarf2 platforms but then I
noticed that sparc-sun-solaris still uses (conditionally) dbxout.c.
Oh well, that port may still have a problem since I don't know how it
was building/testing libstdc++-v3 (I can't imagine that it is
multilib'd on debugging format alone; but 64-bit sol2, which was a
multilib option last time I built sol2, uses dwarf2 unconditionally
there so maybe that was the source of the reported failures).

Regards,
Loren