[v3] weak instantiations for AIX

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 17:45:00 GMT 2003


>	Thanks.  I'm just running a bootstrap now and I updated the
>libstdc++ testsuite in the middle of the bootstrap before it got to those
>tests, so we'll see how it goes.

Great.

>	Now we can focus on the real execution failures.  Some of the
>failures are locale problems.  For the rest, debugging is difficult
>because of GDB and XCOFF stabs limitations.  If there is information I
>manually can print from the testcases that can help us track down the
>problem, let me know.

Well, some of the tests have changed names/positions from your post here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2003-04/msg00031.html

I can fix up the ctype test. The filebuf_virtual fail (related to
locales, seemingly) seems to have gone away with the re-org, or perhaps
because I switched some of these tests to use the "C" locale explicitly.

I'll check in the ctype fix too, but I think the rest will be hard fails
that will require a bit more analysis. You might start by posting the
parts of the libstdc++-v3.log file that point out where the VERIFY macro
is finding issues.

best,
benjamin



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list