[libstdc++] numeric_limits: round_style, round_error

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Sun Sep 22 12:54:00 GMT 2002

Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net> writes:

| On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 12:27:21PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
| > A technical comment, which I'm not sure applies, since I didn't try to
| > read through all of the patches.
| >
| >   If you have changed the value of *any* constant exposed by a V3
| >   header, you have changed the ABI.
|
| In a few cases it does apply.  Not many though.

Where?

| The bulk of the changes have been to use the compiler's knowledge of
| what types are what, and do constant folding as appropriate, rather
| than try to replicate this in the preprocessor and libstdc++ configury.

Exactly!

| I estimate a total reduction in size of libstdc++ by at least 3000 lines.

And if I didn't say it before:  Thanks!

| > However, we should point out in case somebody cares.
|
| Where's the best place to put this information?

Probably in our non-existent numeric_limits<> documentation web-pages.

I see C has documentations for implementation defined behaviour and
constants.  We could do the same for C++ there.

-- Gaby