Do configury choies on target, not target_alias

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 21:34:00 GMT 2002

Phil Edwards wrote:
> The switch stmts only affect cross compilers.  I tried building one using
> the target in question ("--target=mingw32"), but configure died somewhere
> in the binutils.  So I'm not committing this until somebody else can
> sanity-check it first, while I go hunt down binutils braindamage.

binutils would not build OOB for MinGW - you either need to get
the patched sources or the diffs from the official binutils sources
from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&release_id=104238

With these sources, cross binutils 2.13 built OOB for me on my
Linux box (Slackware 8.1, glibc 2.2.5, gcc 2.95.3) with
"--target=mingw32".

And thank you for the modifications.

Ranjit.