[Fwd: PATCH: libstd++-v3 configure script and target mingw32]

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Thu Oct 3 05:34:00 GMT 2002


On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 11:22:22AM +0530, Ranjit Mathew wrote:
> OK, got it. I put in a few "echo's" in the configure script and
> this is what I get (I explicitly specify "--target=mingw32"):

I'm vaguely surprised that works.  My impression was that --target should
be specified as a full triplet, or at least a double.


> target_alias=mingw32    (Both before and after the assigment above)
> target=i386-pc-mingw32  (Orig. "mingw32", changed by config.sub to this)

Right.  'target' is always changed to the official form; 'target_alias'
is whatever the user typed.


> IMO then the "case switches" later should either be based on "target"

Probably, yes.  I could have sworn we changed this already...

I'll look into this today or tomorrow when I have time.


Phil

-- 
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list