Need assistance QNX libc/GNU libstdc++ header file conflicts

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Fri May 31 05:38:00 GMT 2002

I've included my folder of potential include hacks as a tarred, gzipped
archive to this email.

> One problem I ran into installing a native and a QNX cross compiler
> (more generally some targets that use "c" headers and other targets
> that use "c_std" headers) into the same directory prefix causes one
> set to overwrite the others.

Yeah.... hadn't thought of this, actually.

I guess the way around this would be to install the "C" headers as part
of the target-specific header folder.

> > I'd rather do a separate set of <foo.h> "C" compatibility headers in
> > libstdc++ that unconditionally include <cfoo>, then do the using
> > declarations. Since <cfoo> uses include_next <foo.h> it should work.
>
> Interesting.  I think there still be warts.  For example, in the QNX
> case we'd still need to undef _STD_USING before including the system
> headers or they'd still add their own using declarations.  Perhaps
> with a full set of compatibility headers, we could unconditionally
> undef _STDC_USING.

Right.

> > I actually have some of this done already. I can send you my bits if
> > you'd like. Because I could never get the last 5% (glibc headers
> > turned out to be too difficult to untangle) I never checked it in.
>
> I'm not sure I could help in that department, as I don't run any
> systems that use glibc.

Right. You can still use the generical frameworks though.
Please post the patch to the libstdc++ list.

thanks,
benjamin