oh, those wacky naming conventions

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Fri May 24 14:42:00 GMT 2002

I'm in the midst of cleaning up stl_deque.h, and just noticed deque::at()
was (wrongly) coded to throw std::range_error instead of std::out_of_range.

No idea how long it's been like that.  It's an understandable mistake.
I would never have noticed if I didn't have stl_vector.h also open in an
adjacent window as a reminder.

Which LWG members decided to have two unrelated exception classes with
such similar confusing names?  Those people should be ashamed...

Phil
P.S.- SGI consistently throws range_error everywhere.  Oops.