[RFC] libstdc++/6720 and libstdc++/6671

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@codesourcery.com
Wed May 22 20:37:00 GMT 2002


Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:

| --On Thursday, May 23, 2002 12:05:05 AM +0200 Gabriel Dos Reis 
| <gdr@codesourcery.com> wrote:
| 
| >
| >
| >| I don't know *why* the standard would say that.  If it were up to me,
| >| I'd certainly rather just let -I do whatever it normally does.  But,
| >| we have to work with what we've got.
| >
| > Still, we would also have to cope with files with non-standard-name
| > nevertheless used _internally_ to implement the library.  Those files
| > the standard doesn't grant us the right to transmute semantics.
| 
| To be clear, you mean something like this:
| 
| === cmath ===
| 
| #include <bits/std_cmath.h>
| 
| =============
| 
| Now, suppose that the user has a "std_cmath.h" in their -I path.
| 
| Is your point that we might pick up the wrong one?

Exactly.

-- Gaby



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list