What are being done about the dependecy_libs - problem?

Ulrik Mikaelsson ulmi01@student.bth.se
Fri Jul 5 17:24:00 GMT 2002

Using 3.1 when trying to build libstdc++, I encountered a strange error,
described here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-prs/2002-01/msg00263.html

It seems there are quite a lot of people encountering this problem out there
and I wonder what to do about it?

I've seen some solutions reported that it should work to just manually edit
the file libstdc++.la afterwards but I think this seems like a quite bad
solution, and I've found the same references in the actual libstdc++.so
anyways, and I'm not sure I want to start editing this manually too.

What can be done to create a more general solution to this problem?

More sites describing the problem can be found here:
http://kt.zork.net/kde/kde20020111_30.html
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/357/2002/2/0/7953244/
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/404/2001/4/200/5537598/