basic_streambuf<> problems/fixes

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Wed Jul 3 12:14:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 07:09:02PM +0000, Jack Reeves wrote:
> The following will do a reasonable job of exercising certain parts of
> the iostreams library.
[ nice testcase ]

> Some fixes (not all) are provided below.
>
> -------------------------
> File: std/std_streambuf.h
> 94c94
> <       int_type			_M_buf_size;
> ---
> >       size_t			_M_buf_size;

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this.

Two hoops (i.e., to jump through), one legal and one technical:

1)  For testcases and patches larger than a few lines, the FSF needs a
    disclaimer or copyright assignment on file.  Basically, "I Jack Reeves
    promise not to sue you to get money from the MyCharTraits class."

    I don't know whether these are large enough to count.  (Benjmain?)
    If they are, and you're willing, I can help, contact me offlist.

2)  For patches, we need to know what version you're diff'ing against.  And
    if you can generate context diffs instead (the "-c3" or "-u3" options),
    that really helps, too.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/17_intro/contribute.html will sum
all that up.  You can jump to the last two steps.  :-)

Phil