auto_ptr problems

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Wed Jul 3 12:01:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:30:53AM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> I'm thinking of just adding a testsuite/negative toplevel directory for
> the negative tests (currently map_operator.cc, set_operator.cc also
> qualify.) I'm not quite sure what to do though. Thoughts, anybody?
>
> Might be easier to just add a spot specifically for negative tests. We
> need negative tests too. (ie, the test passes if compilation fails).

Rather a negative toplevel, I'd suggest negative_*.cc files in each of the
exiting directories.  That way tests for <topic> are all nicely gathered in

    nn_foo/topic.cc
    nn_foo/topic_subtopic.cc
    nn_foo/negative_topic.cc

Alternative spellings of "negative_" include "neg_", "mustfail_", and
"xfail_" for starters, although that last is a very posix/dejagnu name.

> > BTW will we ever get the online compiler back?  That
> > thing was awesome!
>
> Agreed! Talk to Mark and the folks at codesourcery. Jeffrey Oldham did
> this, I think.

*aol*

Phil