* outstanding summary email

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@unitus.it
Tue Jul 2 00:59:00 GMT 2002

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>>The mainline is in Stage 2 development.  I think this would probably
>>be okay, since the change you suggested in that email is not majorly
>>invasive(in the merging-from-an-experimental-branch sense of
>>invasive).
>>

>It needs to go in now, due to ABI issues.

Agreed. I will do it today after a new round of testing.

> I'm contimplating putting in
>the money_get/money_put hacks for wchar_t issues for much the same
>reasons.

Your fix for libstdc++/6410, you mean? FWIW, a favour the idea of
applying it to mainline, since the ABI issue is now gone and those
people who don't care for thread safety would enjoy one more correctly
implemented locale functionality before glibc2.3.

Ciao, Paolo.