[PATCH] Fix initialization of _M_grouping
Benjamin Kosnik
bkoz@redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 10:57:00 GMT 2002
> I see. This currently fails for me.
Ditto. I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to work, and if this is an
accurate representation of what Nathan is talking about. I'm hoping he
can yay or nay on it: Nathan?
It is a pretty interesting testcase to play around with, even though this
is really a side issue to the whole grouping/sep issue.
I suspect the core that happens is when __sep == '0', not '\0'. Both
cases should be fixed, but again, I'm not in a position to work on this
right now.
> This is really, I believe, a related but
> different issue: making sure that everything works ok even for '\0' as the
> thousands separator.
Yes. From my limited time last night, it looks like std::string is all
right but that other things go wrong where the following '0' after the
'\0' gets eaten, so that l == 12345 and l != 1023045. This is a bug I think.
> Please keep me updated: if you want me to help on auditing the library for this
> or whatever.
It would be great if you would figure out what is going on in this testcase.
thanks,
benjamin
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list