Some details on the named locale problem

Ulrich Drepper drepper@redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 15:27:00 GMT 2002

Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@unitus.it> writes:

> > For the case of a null thousands_sep, you can return the base
> > class result (',').
>
> Ah, ok. In a follow up patch to that I have posted moments ago (which fixes
> seg-faults!) I will also adjust this, substituting NUL with ',' for the
> thousands separator, after having inferred from NUL that grouping is "", as
> indicated by Ulrich.
> Ok?

No.  If the locale contains an empty string it means an empty string.
The grouping string is irrelevant since adding an empty string
anywhere wouldn't change the output.  If you substitute ',' for NUL
this what be completely wrong.