[libstdc++] Lots and lots of doc patches

Phil Edwards pedwards@dmapub.dma.org
Mon Jan 28 14:52:00 GMT 2002

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>:

> >     - new make target:  doxygen-man
> >       After changes to the run_doxygen script, the top-level make targets
> >       are now more useful (they don't clobber each other).
>
> So, does this mean that I can run 'doxygen-man' and see the man pages?

Yes.  Previously man pages were just part of the HTML documentation,
but holy freak that takes a long time to run.  Testing man pages required
several minutes between tests, due to all the HTML stuff.  So I broke it out.

The run_doxygen script, called without arguments, describes some of this.
I'm trying to make it useful on its own.

> I'm stil confused as to the steps I need to take to use the generated man
> pages. (This includes the tarball on the ftp server.) Can you help me out?
> Should 'man vector' just work?

What gets created (and unpacked, IIRC), is

  some_path/
    man/
      man3/*

>From there, "man -M some_path/man Intro" will display the intro page,
which describes the naming scheme; you'd have to use "man std_vector"
once we get around to documenting vector.

deque is documented, but current CVS won't generate a std_deque.3 file
due to a doxygen bug.  I've filed a bug report.

> I'm interested in knowing what I can do to help you this. Suggestions?

I'm about to get a real email system again, and then I plan to post a call
for help.

Phil