[libstdc++] major oops in <memory> -> <ext/memory> move

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@unitus.it
Fri Jan 25 00:27:00 GMT 2002

Phil Edwards wrote:

>When Paolo moved SGI's extensions from std_memory.h and stl_tempbuf.h into
><ext/memory>, he moved too much and none of us caught it.  The never-used
>std::get/return_temporary_buffer() got shifted also.  Nobody noticed because,
>well, these functions are never used.  They're tiny and easily overlooked.
>
>(Note that no bug reports have been received on the subsequent snapshots.
>/Nobody/ uses these functions...)

... indeed I don't use them... ;-)
Seriously, thanks Phil and sorry, sorry, sorry for that. It has been a
lot of work and I was planning to review again everything before the
release of 3.1 to be 100% safe. I think I got confused by the fact that
struct temporary_buffer *is* an extension...

Cheers,