float stuff again

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 12:47:00 GMT 2002


John, Jeff Law recently did some work to support elements of C99 for HPUX.

See:

2002-01-03  Jeffrey A Law  <law@redhat.com>

        * config/os/hpux/bits/os_defines.h: Prefix __strtoll and
        __strtoull declarations with __extension__.

And others in the libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog. You might want to check out the 
contents of that file.

It looks like HPUX 11 headers are not C99 compliant, but support for some 
of the issues could be hacked in. I'm not super-sure this is such a great 
idea, but if you can do it cleanly, well then. I'm all for it.

> The original release of HPUX 11 predates C99.  The most recent system
> that I have doesn't have the optional C compiler, so I don't know if
> C99 support is claimed in the most recent distributions.  The HPUX 11i
> headers don't have any reference to C99 in them.  On the otherhand,
> it clearly has many of the fuctions specified in C99.

Many? Perhaps. Are they in the correct header files? Are the signatures 
exactly correct?

> HPUX 11 sufficiently capatible with C99 for the above purposes.

Err. I'm skeptical, given the problems Jeff had just getting strtoll, 
strtoull working.

best,
benjamin



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list