Empty vector::push_back()?

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Wed Feb 27 20:17:00 GMT 2002

> Hmm. This is certainly interesting. It would be nice to put this on
> member functions like (fileno) that are non-standard but unmangled....
> I'm sure there are other uses.

I have several in mind.  :-)

> For this particular case, however, I think removing them from the default
> user-space completely is more appropriate. (With the DEPRECATED guard, as
> discussed.)
>
> What say you?

Either way suits me fine; the user will have to either add an
option (-D_GLIBCPP_DEPRECATED) to get the function, or add an option
(-Wno-weird-phil-hooks) to /not/ be warned about it.  Either way the user
must take action, which is good.  And since only one of these possibilities
actually exists right now, let's use that one.  :-)

I'll add DEPRECATED and supporting documentation this week.

Phil