PATCH: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 17:13:00 GMT 2002

> Since this patch, along with your patch to the AIX configuration,
> fixes a regression on a past gcc release, IMHO they should be moved to
> the 3.1 branch as well.  BTW, our general rule in the libstdc++-v3
> tree is to wait at least a day and then move such patches after
> bootstrapping in new context.  You should feel free to do that move as
> the maintainer of the AIX port.  I would do it but I can't test both
> together as required by my reading of the branch rules.

This should definitely be moved to the branch ASAP.

I'd like to try to keep the ChangeLogs in sync between the mainline and
the gcc-3_1-branch. Thus, it would be great to apply patches on the
branch in the order they are applied on mainline.....

Waiting a day or two is not strictly necessary: sometimes I advocate
doing this if the change is controversial, or if the person submitting
the patch wants to see some testresults before committing.

Ok? Thoughts?

-benjamin