GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads

Michael Matz matzmich@cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 20 14:15:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, I wrote:

> And you really _do_ have configured gcc with --enable-threads=aix _and_
> recompiled gcc?  I ask because looking at configure it indeed works as
> Phil said.  It basically should have created a new gthr-default.h
> including gthr-aix.h, and gcc -v should mention "Thread model: aix".  I'm
> talking about 3_0_branch.

Strike that, it's nonsense.  AIX shouldn't define THREAD_MODEL_SPEC to
print "posix" if it doen't want posix, because if it's defined at all,
it's used for forming the "Thread model: xxx" message (and only for this
AFAIC see).

Ciao,
Michael.