GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Wed Feb 20 13:10:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 03:49:52PM -0500, David Edelsohn wrote:

> 	There is gcc/gthr-aix.h which is not installed or used by
> libstdc++ because it only checks "single" or "pthread".

That doesn't sound quite correct.

libstdc++ uses whatever gets printed after "Thread model:" in the output of
"gcc -v".  We do not check for "pthread" IIRC.

Have you tried "--enable-threads=aix"?  What do you normally do to get
gthr-aix.h to be used?

Phil