[RFC] libstdc++/5734

Levente Farkas lfarkas@mindmaker.hu
Wed Feb 20 09:53:00 GMT 2002

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> Levente Farkas <lfarkas@mindmaker.hu> writes:
>
> [...]
> | >
> | > I think it was intended that <ext/xxx> should bring them into std::
> | > via using-declaration. No?

> | > No, they should not.
> |
> | AFAIK they are in namespace __gnu_cxx, so they must:-(
>
> A patch to add corresponding using-declartions in <ext/xxx> is
> welcome.

first of all a general agreement on the extension would be useful.
- whether it's just a compiler switch,
- it's a global macro,
- or if someone "include <ext/xxx>" then those functions become part of
  the std::
- or...

ps. anyway "adding corresponding using-declartions" is not the bast
solution since in this case someone have to choose which functions,
classes go into std and which remains in __gnu_cxx (those which
reamins in __gnu_cxx are the problem again). actualy there are dozens
of classes and functions in std:: which are not part of the standard,
so why would we like to remove these ones?