symbol versioning, take 2

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Wed Feb 13 15:39:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 03:27:06PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:
>
> > Okay... breaking this would require that V_IDENTIFIER (what I'm trying to
> > patch) accept whitespace.  That seems odd to me, but I'll take your word
> > for it.  :-)
>
> You assume that the current linker code is used...

Unless the version script lexer starts including spaces in a symbol
identifier, the parser won't see spaces as tokens.  I think you and I
are talking about two different things...?  (A compiler and linker which
generated spaces in the names of symbols?  That would be cool to work with.)

I went ahead and removed the spaces; it was only a few seconds of work in vi.

Phil