On the testsuite vs locale models

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@unitus.it
Fri Dec 13 03:21:00 GMT 2002


Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>>Wouldn't be worthy to separate those tests which are supposed to pass 
>>only with the gnu locale model from the others?
>>    
>>
>Yes, but how? Also, the wchar_t tests need the same thing done. This
>isn't a 22_locale specific problem.
>
I see...

If I remember well, what basically blocked this kind of reorganization 
was the difficulty of having the tests run /{ dg-do run { xfail *-*-* } 
} /only for --enable-clocale=generic configured builds and not for the 
--enable-clocale=gnu builds.

About this, at the moment I don't have much su propose :-((( However, 
seems strange to me that the DejaGnu gurus cannot help a bit!

As the last resort, can't we just grep the --verbose line of the built 
compiler to ascertain its locale model? Naive, but may work!

Ciao,
Paolo.



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list