basic_ostringstream<unsigned short> causes segmentation faults

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 11:17:00 GMT 2002

> does it make sense to use std::basic_ostringstream<unsigned short>?

It's legal.

> Is it a bug, an unsupported feature, or a "then don't"?

It's a bug that's been fixed in 3.1 and 3.2 for a bit. Please use recent
sources. I suggest trying the 3.1 release candidate.

Nathan's comments about throwing exceptions still applies: unformatted
input will work, but formatted input will require that non-required
locale facets be present. Thus, you'll have to imbue a locale that has
them in order for formatted input to work.

-benjamin