New AIX libstdc++ testsuite regression 20_util/allocator_members

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Tue Apr 23 13:34:00 GMT 2002

--On Tuesday, April 23, 2002 11:01:17 AM -0700 Benjamin Kosnik
<bkoz@redhat.com> wrote:

>> Do you have a pointer?  I'm confused as to why we'd get duplicate
>> symbols -- at least on systems with weak symbols -- but I believe
>> you...
>
> Sure.

It still looks to me like there is maybe some more serious bug
hiding in here.

If you're getting multiple definition errors then there are multiple
instantiations of _S_free_list -- and at least two of them are not
weak.  How can this happen?  The only time the compiler emits non-weak
definitions of instantiations is with an explicit instantiation.  Do
you have two explicit instantiations somehow?