New AIX libstdc++ testsuite regression 20_util/allocator_members

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Mon Apr 22 23:13:00 GMT 2002

--On Monday, April 22, 2002 04:34:52 PM -0700 Benjamin Kosnik
<bkoz@redhat.com> wrote:

>> This is purely an optimization; there's no semantic reason that this
>> is necessary.
>
> Mmmmm. No. Re-read the ChangeLog, and the complete patch as posted on
> gcc-patches. Without it, static linking gets duplicate symbols.

Do you have a pointer?  I'm confused as to why we'd get duplicate
symbols -- at least on systems with weak symbols -- but I believe you...