Problem with fstream

Chris Card ctcard@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 22 05:07:00 GMT 2002

Hi Andris,

>On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Chris Card wrote:
>
> > I posted this to gnu.g++.help today, but I though I might get a quicker
> > response here:
<snip>
>It's know problem.
Is there a list of known problems somewhere? I couldn't find it.
>I had the same for DJGPP and had to modify some
>headers to workaround related problems with handling DOS style text files
>when one have CR LF <---> LF conversion. Even then support of such files
>remains badly broken, however the problem mentioned above can be fixed.
>
>For comparisson I tested behaviour of std::[io]fstream classes
>in program compiled with MS VC++ 6.0 and saw that it behaves much better.
>(also seeking and getting stream position seemed to work with VC. For
>example I have seen comment that they are not expected to work
>for MINGW32 at all)
>
>My patchset for DJGPP is at
>
>http://www.simtel.net/gnudlpage.php?product=/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/gcc304s2.zip&name=gcc304s2.zip
>
>(it's for gcc-3.0.4, one needs to update for upcoming gcc-3.1 as patches
>does not apply there)
Thanks for the information - I'll take a look.
I've only just upgraded to 3.0.3 :-( Will your patch work there, or must I
upgrade the compiler again?
Also, is the problem in the compiler, or in libstdc++? If the latter, I'd
prefer just to patch the library if possible.

Chris