A question about doxygen comments

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Tue Apr 16 04:40:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 12:57:04PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> I understand that telling used not to #include stl_foo.h is right.  It
> is disturbing to see the above in a stl_fool.h.  Is there be away
> of "setting an alias for files" for doxygen?

Well, the @file hook you see there sets the name of the file.  In the
example you used, all the entities in that file should show up as being
in <streambuf> and not <std/std_streambuf.h>.

Unfortunately, the key word there is "should" -- occasionally the underlying
filename will slip in.  Hence the explanatory text.

> | It becomes slightly clearer if you browse the Doxygen pages.
>
> It makes Doxygen's life easier, it makes my (human) life slightly
> disturbed.  Never mind ;-)

:-)

Also recall that Doxygen is scanning the /build/ directory's include tree,
not the /source/ include tree.  So the file containing that comment really
/is/ a file called "streambuf"... just ignore the fact that it's probably
a symlink to something else.

Phil