__strtoll, __strtoull and _GLIBCPP_USE_LONG_LONG under hppa64-hpux

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Thu Apr 11 15:09:00 GMT 2002

In article <200204111819.g3BIJ7MN000812@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> you write:
> I noticed when I tried a static link of capacity.cc that __strtoll and
> __strtoull are not defined under hppa64-hpux.  I know that various solutions
> for the long long issue have been proposed but none seem to have received
> approval.

> Since strtoll and strtoull are not available, is a reasonable solution
> to this problem just to add an ifdef __LP64__ to hpux/os_defines.h
> defining _GLIBCPP_USE_LONG_LONG to be 0?  We need to eliminate the
> undefined symbols.

Given the hot potato of an issue it became (I privately reviewed the
-liberty approach; but I just didn't see all the tied issues), I
personally support disabling all long long support for any platform
that does not have the required library routines.  I admit it is the
easy way out but until a more aggressive patch is developed and
accepted into the tree, it seems more acceptable than breaking bootstraps.

Regards,
Loren