04-01 to 04-02 22_locale/messages breakage
Wed Apr 10 13:16:00 GMT 2002
Okay, big email here.
On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 12:29:05PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > I've havne't seen that... but most of my builds disable NSL, now that I
> > think of it.
> ... and why is that? I've noticed most of the gcc-testresults posts also
> do this.
I think it's because getting gettext to work seems a fragile process, or at
least it used to be. Some of my solaris builds just appear to randomly break
while doing the NLS-related things, before the build would get as far as v3.
Likewise on linux, but much less frequently. My build scripts leave NLS
to its default settings, but I'm still disabling it on solaris. If I
think of it next time I try solaris, I'll turn it back on.
Anyhow, your 25 xpasses seem to be xfails for me:
FAIL: 26_numerics/c99_classification_macros_c.cc (test for excess errors)
=== libstdc++-v3 Summary ===
# of expected passes 370
# of unexpected failures 1
# of expected failures 25
The distro I'm using this week is Debian, the glibc is "2.2.5-4".
The changes from stock glibc through -3 seem to be mostly packaging and
The changes from build 3 to build 4 are below. I've 'X'd some curious ones.
glibc (2.2.5-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Include s/ip6.arpa/ip6.int/ patch from Fabbione. Closes: #119773,
* Fix perms on locales/DEBIAN/config. Closes: #134094, #139682
X1 * Update from Glibc CVS: Lots of euro conversions and locales updates.
Closes: #128181, #130259
Lots of other various fixes (please read the ChangeLog). Closes: #138094
* Upstream fixed ia64 ldd rewrite problem. Closes: #128451
* Upstream fixed nice return. Closes: #136815
* pt_BR translation is ok now, Closes: #128530
* Applied patch from Ganesan R to better handle some locale names.
* Add ARM patch to disable hardware caps.
* Fix typos in catalan template. Closes: #133247
* Add a "Leave alone" option for locales setting of /etc/environment.
Make it the default. Closes: #133315, #133315
* HPPA patch from Randolph Chung. Closes: #133666
* Fix zh_HK date output, from Anthony Fok.
* s/Noninteractive/noninteractive/ (hopefully for the last time).
Closes: #134381, #137348
* Fix locales/config for when locale.gen doesn't exist.
Closes: #135343, #134613, #139284
* Patch from Gary Hade (via Randolph Chung) to fix gmon-start.
Closes: #135748, #129903
* Fix locale.1 - s/LC_PAPR/LC_PAPER/ Closes: #114174
* Add glibc22-hppa-tests patch from Randolph Chung. Closes: #137513
* Alistair McKinstry:
- Added locale.alias(5) and locale.gen(5) man pages. Closes: #106117
- Patch for glibcbug to correctly handle bad EDITOR setting.
- Include glibcbug.1 manpage. Closes: #128701
- Add patch to fix segv in localedef.
- Patch for locale.1 and localedef.1 to add missing LC_* vars.
- Fix for the d_fmt field in de_CH. Closes: #27397
- Fix locale.alias so Russion charset is KOI8-R instead of ISO-8859-5.
- s/Jun/Juni/ s/Jul/Juli/ for sr_YU. Closes: #131846
- Typo in categories.def. Closes: #133379
- Update iso-4217.def Closes: #133380
X2 - Re-enable el.po since we are using newer gettext. Closes: #133383
* nscd.conf.5: Clarification. server-user option cannot be used with
-S/--secure. It will fail to start. Also note that using server-user other
than root may break some lookup services. Closes: #139433
X3 * Completely remove the pthread man pages. They are _way_ out of date (last
updated in 1998 according to the ChangeLog). Use the info or html docs
instead. Feel free to send me mucho patches for them, if you want them
back. Closes: #139052, #139042
* Various LSB conformance patches from Joey Hess. Closes: #136815
-- Ben Collins <email@example.com> Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:49:37 -0500
X1 - If there are post-2.2.5 changes in glibc CVS which affects what
you're investigating, they may actually be in debian now, altering
my results. I can look through the glibc changelog for particular
entries if you know of changes.
X2 - The "newer gettext" seems to refer to 0.10.40, at least that's what's
X3 - Gah, no wonder I can't find them. They're gone. (Nothing to do with
locales/messages, I just now discovered this change and wanted to vent.)
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams
More information about the Libstdc++