[libstdc++] Make use of runtime demangler

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Mon Apr 1 10:41:00 GMT 2002

--On Monday, April 01, 2002 10:27:50 AM -0800 Benjamin Kosnik
<bkoz@redhat.com> wrote:

>> If your demangler is better, we can replace the one in libiberty with
>> yours.  Or, we can take the one in libiberty and fix the problems you've
>> found.  We certainly should end up with only one demangler at the end
>> of the day.
>
> Ok. So, the idea of taking the demangler out of libiberty is still sound,
> regardless of if the definition of __cxa_demangle is to remain the same as
> it is now?

Yes.  The nice thing about an interface is we can change the
implementation...  But, the demangler belongs in libiberty so that it can
be used in c++filt, gdb, etc.