[libstdc++] remove __compare_and_swap
Fri Oct 5 11:43:00 GMT 2001
A couple weeks ago I proposed removing __compare_and_swap, an unused function
from the CPU configuration headers that seems to confuse port maintainers:
The function is completely unused. The function has been gone from my
local trees since that date, and nightly bootstraps for x86/linux native
and powerpc cross have been doing fine since then. A few people have since
expressed their approval, so I'm checking it in on the trunk. It doesn't
solve any particular bug, so I don't view it as candidate for the branch.
The patch is unchanged from the one in the message above. Here's the log:
2001-10-05 Phil Edwards <email@example.com>
* config/cpu/alpha/bits/atomicity.h (__compare_and_swap): Remove
* config/cpu/arm/bits/atomicity.h: Likewise.
* config/cpu/generic/bits/atomicity.h: Likewise.
* config/cpu/i486/bits/atomicity.h: Likewise.
* config/cpu/ia64/bits/atomicity.h: Likewise.
* config/cpu/mips/bits/atomicity.h: Likewise.
* config/cpu/powerpc/bits/atomicity.h: Likewise.
* config/cpu/sparc/sparc32/bits/atomicity.h: Likewise.
* config/cpu/sparc/sparc64/bits/atomicity.h: Likewise.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams
More information about the Libstdc++