Multithreading and version 2.95.2

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 11:34:00 GMT 2001

Please use gcc-3.x. Pre gcc-3, a completely different libstdc++ was used.

> 2) I am building on Solaris 2.6. If I compile gcc 2.95.2 with
> --enable-threads, and use STL objects,
>     are they supposed to be threadsafe ?

see the FAQ

> 3) If STL in 2.95.2 is not threadsafe, can I get this behavior from
> compiling with gcc 3.0 ?

again...

>     Thanks alot for answering my questions, btw, I am trying to compile
> Apache Xalan 1.1 on Solaris
> and currently it is not threadsafe.

huh. We should probably add this to the list of things to be compiled for
a release.

Actually, we should have a list of things to be compiled for a release as
part of our docs. Phil, can you look into this, and start with this:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-06/msg01613.html

 -benjamin