Dead code (was: Re: Good numbers from Ritter's new string allocator)

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 09:07:00 GMT 2001


On Nov 27, 2001, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@unitus.it> wrote:

> As regards __pagesize, I volunteer to take care of it in the next few
> weeks, of course, but someone should introduce me to the configury
> machinary needed.

FWIW, the machinery is already there in libiberty.  In fact, you may
even use libiberty's getpagesize.c in case you find
AC_CHECK_FUNCS doesn't find getpagesize.

> For instance, something that troubles me, is that the
> pagesize is a TARGET parameter, so presently I have no idea how I could
> test for it at build time.

When building a target library, --host=target and
--with-cross-host=host.

-- 
Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list