Thread safety clarification

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 12:30:00 GMT 2001


> I will do some more experimentation tonight to find out which concrete 
> option(s) cause problems.

Sounds good.

> My current problem looks like a race condition in v3, nine times out of 
> ten it has reported a problem related to strings, and I've seen memory 
> debugging tools like dmalloc writing over the data in constant global 
> strings (marking it off as deleted).

Hmm. 

> Yep, it was more of a 'can someone tell me where to start' than a 'can 
> someone tell me what the problem is' - I'll grab more specifics tonight. 

Ok good.

> Will do. Is there anything special I need to do to get debugging symbols 
> for optimized builds? 

When building the library, you can pass in CXXFLAGS arguments. 

For instance:

make CXXFLAGS='-g -O0' all

Once you find the -fxxx flag that causes the error, just pass it in here.

> I'm trying to 
> get something substantially smaller than 10k lines of code to illustrate 
> the problem, though. :-)

Right, appreciated.

thanks,
benjamin 



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list